At the upcoming Impurity Ball, a benefit for the Center for Sex and Culture and Godless Perverts on Saturday August 5, you’ll have a chance to take our Impurity Pledge. At the Purity balls we’re mocking, teenage girls pledge to stay virgins until marriage, and fathers pledge to protect their daughters’ virginity. So we’ve created an Impurity Pledge, representing the sexual values of Godless Perverts and the Center for Sex and Culture. We’ll have an appropriately pretentious ritual to accompany it.
An important piece of our values is consent — so participation in the Impurity Pledge will be entirely voluntary. Take it; don’t take it; take parts of it but not other parts — it’s totally up to you. You’re still welcome to join the party!
Godless Perverts Impurity Pledge
- I pledge to support my fellow human beings in their consensual sexuality or asexuality.
- I pledge to respect other people’s boundaries, whether sexual, emotional, or physical.
- I pledge to communicate before, during, and after intimacy, including (but not limited to) negotiation, encouragement, safewords, checking-in, moans, grunts, screams, saccharine pet names, sincere praise, and contented periods of silence.
- I pledge to educate myself about sexuality, maintaining curiosity within the bounds of respect.
- I pledge to make my decisions about sexuality based on evidence, ethics, and consensual pleasure.
The Impurity Ball is at the Center for Sex and Culture, 1349 Mission St. in San Francisco (near 9th Street, close to the Civic Center BART). Saturday, August 5, 7-10 pm. Suggested donation $10-$30: no-one turned away for lack of funds. RSVP on Facebook or Meetup (RSVPs appreciated but not necessary). All proceeds to benefit the Center for Sex and Culture and Godless Perverts. Hope to see you there!