The Godless Perverts Story Hour is the performance/ entertainment branch of the Godless Perverts empire. It’s an evening about how to have good sex without having any gods, goddesses, spirits, or their earthly representatives hanging over your shoulder and telling you that you’re doing it wrong. We’ll be bringing you depictions, explorations, and celebrations of godless sexualities, as well as critical, mocking, and blasphemous views of sex and religion. The evening’s entertainment will have a range of voices — sexy and serious, passionate and funny, and all of the above — talking about how our sexualities can not only exist, but even thrive, without the supernatural. So far, our readers include:
- Reknowned Skepchick contributor Heina;
- Erotica writer and activist Simon Sheppard;
- Jon Ginoli, co-founder of queercore band Pansy Division;
- Poet and co-founder of homohop group Deep Dickollective Juba Kalamka;
- Local tech geek and editor-in-chief of io9, Annalee Newitz;
- Godless Perverts co-founders Chris Hall and Greta Christina.
We may add more names as we get closer to the date. Keep an eye out on the website, and on Twitter for changes. One way or the other, the Center for Sex and Culture will be definitely be the place to queer up your atheism on June 14.