- This event has passed.
Godless Perverts Impurity Ball
August 25, 2018 @ 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM$10 – $30
We’re doing it again! On August 25, Godless Perverts will dive headfirst into blasphemy and debauchery with our second Impurity Ball at the Center for Sex and Culture.
What’s an Impurity Ball?
“Purity balls” are formal events where teen and pre-teen girls promise their fathers that they’ll stay virgins until they get married (to men). Their fathers, in turn, take a pledge to safeguard their daughters’ purity. Purity balls are inevitably full to the brim with white lace dresses, flowers, religious paternalism, and a creepy fixation on the sex lives of underage girls. (For more info, Ember Atwell has written a brief introduction to Christian Purity Culture.)
Last year, Godless Perverts lived up to our name by throwing the first-ever Impurity Ball, a dance party and activities extravaganza spoofing Purity Balls and celebrating consent and pleasure, regardless of gender, orientation, kinks (or lack thereof), or marital status. It was so much fun that we couldn’t resist doing it again in 2018. We want you to come join us and make this one even better. Our event isn’t quite as fancy as the ones the Christians put on, but with 95% less Jesus (see below) and no sexual shame.
What Happens At an Impurity Ball?
Lots of stuff, including:
- Pin the Dildo on Jesus (A much kinder way of nailing the Messiah, we think.)
- A prom photo station: Take the pictures that you would have taken at your prom, if only they weren’t too sexy, queer, kinky, or blasphemous.
- Ring Toss (We had to do something with all the dildos lying around the place.)
- Free STI tests and educational information from St. James Infirmary, San Francisco’s only health clinic run by and for sex workers.
- De-Baptisms courtesy of two secular celebrants.
- Introverts’ Lounge. Enjoy parties, but need breaks? Visit our quiet VIP lounge for Very Introverted People!
- Potluck treats. Bring your favorites to share!
What Should I Wear?
What makes you feel comfortable, sexy, and/or awesome? Wear that. If that means getting dolled up in your best leather or latex, go for it. If formal wear is your thing (or deviant versions of formal wear), do that. If you want to come in jeans and a t-shirt, that’s great also. We just ask that genitals stay covered.
What Does It Cost?
We’re asking for $10-30 donations, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds. All money goes to the Center for Sex and Culture and Godless Perverts.
- August 25, 2018
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- $10 – $30
- Event Categories:
- Impurity Ball, Social Events
- Godless Perverts
- Center for Sex and Culture
1349 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94103 United States + Google Map
- (415) 902-2071